0-60 Magazine

Your Source For Cars, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Ford, and More …

BY: Michael

Your Car of the Year?

We want to know what you think the car of the year is. Your time has come.

With all this car of the year hoopla going around; GT-R this and ZR1 that. What is your choice for car of the year? Don't be shy, pick what you think is the car you would choose, regardless of money, and would throw down on. Sport compact, fuel sipper, new-age muscle car, or supercar. There have been a ton of choices this year. Everything from the Lamborghini LP560-4 all the way down to the Cobalt SS. We've already chosen our two cars, the 135i and the GT-R, which happen to be our Tommy Winners in the Fall 2008 issue. So put your pens to the paper hands to the keyboard and make your decision. Very simple, what car and why? Every vote is just as big as the next one. As for me: 135i.—M.C.
COMMENTS
  • Jack Chinelii says:
    November 19, 2008 at 2:22 am

At first thought the SL65 AMG Black Series. Well, hmm...the GT-R propels the automobile into the next decade faster than any other car produced this year. GT-R.

• Brian Scotto says:
    November 19, 2008 at 5:02 am

Granted you may have driven the SL65 Jack, but I think that is really an 09 car. Oh, and I pick the the 135i, too

• Evisu Johnston says:
    November 19, 2008 at 11:23 am

I'll roll with the home team and say ZR1. Even though its a major old white guy car, the Vette has always been the best bang for the buck out there, the ZR1 just took it to the next level.

• matt says:
    November 19, 2008 at 12:28 pm

COTY, eh? Tough choice. Perhaps the Koenigsegg CCXR Edition? Certainly not the new M3. I do love the 135i... Screw it. My choice for COTY (and it debuted as a 2008 model) is the Mercedes-Benz C63.

• Ben says:
    November 19, 2008 at 5:53 pm

way to hard to choose, but ive narrowed my unlimited choice to the Aston Marton One-77

• TBrumm says:
    November 19, 2008 at 6:27 pm

This one is so easy. Lamborghini Reventon. Who wouldn't want a land-based F-22?

• KeL says:
    November 19, 2008 at 7:28 pm

GT-R!!!! i wanna say the AE-86..but its little bit out-dated :)

• Ciscoscivic says:
    November 20, 2008 at 10:11 pm

the bmw 135i coupe is the coty, not only does it handle very well but it is cheaper then the mb and gtr. also, it accepts tuning with open arms.

• Kevin says:
    November 21, 2008 at 2:37 pm

I'm gonna say the coty is the new Challenger. Its just too badass not to get the vote.

• Steve S. says:
    November 23, 2008 at 7:26 pm

I'm goin random here so don't get too pissed but I say tie between IS-F and CTS-V. Not necessarily due to capabilities but because of what they are going to do to the market. Competition has always made for some crazy cars and the super saloon was just about tapped out until these two came along. Also I'm all about big nasty V-8's in bigger nastier cars.

• Eric G says:
    November 24, 2008 at 11:54 pm

The Dacia Sandero of course.

• Jason says:
    November 25, 2008 at 10:32 pm

IFR Aspid... think about it...

• Scott says:
    December 2, 2008 at 3:16 pm

I would have to say the ferrari F430 scuderia beacuse ferrari finally got back to it root which is racing. my only wish would be to put the real glass over the engine so it doesn't get so dusty. but then again who looks out that thing any way when driving a car like that

• Tracy Smith says:
    December 11, 2008 at 11:32 pm

I think the 2009 Corvette ZR-1 is the car of the year, even with a $100K price tag it is still a bargain and more bang for the buck that it competitors.

• Acceleration is my DRUG says:
    December 17, 2008 at 1:30 pm

HONDA FCX CLARITY IT WILL SAVE THE WORLD EVEN TOPGEAR SAYS SO!

• Sim says:
      November 17, 2010 at 11:36 pm

Top Gear also said that the BMW M3 is more fuel efficient than the Toyota Prius with 'normal' aggressive driving.

• Dylan says:
    December 23, 2008 at 9:32 pm

The Corvette ZR1 they have always made the Corvette a top competitor now its on top of the division with the Corvette ZR1 not to mention the bang for the buck motto

• Zack says:
    December 28, 2008 at 7:05 pm

Volvo C30 Because Its A Small Car And A 2.5L 227Hp Turbocharged Straight-5 And a 6 Speed Manual Transmission

• Moe says:
    January 6, 2009 at 5:55 am

Definitely the ZR-1. I wasn't expecting to be half as polished as it ended up being. I was expecting yet another unwieldy, unrefined, V8 monster whose performance was justified by its value-for-money price tag. What Chevy gave us instead was truly a world-class performance car.

• Justin says:
    January 8, 2009 at 6:46 am

GTR, smashes other cars to bits and can be driven comfortably to the race track. Enough said

• Mike says:
    January 24, 2009 at 9:20 pm

The GT-R has it...clearly. Performance, style and comfortablitiy.

• Tice says:
    February 5, 2009 at 10:39 pm

Reventon, Hands Down. The Power, the looks, the colour, the materials, and the rarity give it all it needs, and I'm sure it can gieve you all you need as well, if you're fortunate enough to even sit in one. Although a close second would be the GT-R, Have you seen one in person? It gets so much adrenaline pumping, You're scared to drive it!

• Brian says:
    February 24, 2009 at 10:13 pm

The Koenigsegg? The Reventon? Please. These cars are fantasitic sure, but hardly should be considered for a car of the year award. The number of people that will see these cars on the road, let alone drive one diminishes the overall impact. The car of the year should always be a car that brings desirable qualities into the reaches of the everyman. For this, I would have to say the Cobalt SS should take the award. It is cheap, quick, and handles very well. Don't even get me started about the FXC. I'll wait until we know for sure this doesn't go the way of the EV1.

• Laz says:
    March 15, 2009 at 11:32 am

I have driven many really nice fast cars. I feel car of the year should be actually drivable all year (or at least most of the time). Convey its passion as well as practilcality while looking great. I believe the Maserati GTS has got to be the one. Not the best at any one thing but luxury abound and one hell of a Ferrari motor tied to an amazing F1 shifting transmission underneath. Classic lines impress young and old. With two doors and real seating for four you'll impress as everyone exits, from the track to the 5 star restaurant.

• Tom says:
    March 30, 2010 at 3:58 am

My nomination for car of the year goes to the Chevy Camaro V6. A sport coupe that is comfortable and practical with enough sportiness for anyone.

• Brandon Chappell says:
    June 14, 2010 at 7:34 pm

I would have to say the 430 scuderia... Our company is picking one up so I will check back in when after I drive it.

• The big T says:
    September 17, 2010 at 5:34 am

If I had to choose COTY, I would have to leave the GTR out of the running. We are not impressed. The Vette is awesome but again, a supercharger on an LS motor, and some (much needed) suspension tuning. We are not impressed. The CTS-V is actually the car I would choose. Cadillac ACTUALLY made a car that competes with the german options in the price range. I think the CTS-V is the ONLY car GM has come out with in the last 10 years that does as advertised. Now all they have to do is last (fat chance).

• BBM says:
    September 19, 2010 at 12:38 am

I would say the New 911 Sport Classic.

• HSR Architect says:
    October 20, 2010 at 10:10 am

The Dodge Viper is my choice. Its the berst last hourra that car will ever have giving destroying cars on the nurburg for less than 100,000$ need i say more?

• Johnny says:
    October 22, 2010 at 12:48 am

the 2011 subaru sti hands down

• Sim says:
    November 17, 2010 at 11:38 pm

2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI sedan

• Gerick says:
    February 16, 2011 at 1:26 am

hm, the Gumpert Apollo, has it in my book. My reasoning is that is a sexy beast, yet it is still insane fast; I believe it clocked the fastest time on the 'Ring.

• Alex says:
    March 9, 2011 at 2:04 am

I would choose an Audi RS4 Avant. this car just ticks boxes, reliable, fast, convenient, and practical. I could live with this car for a very long time. the Quattro would help me for my work, building sites and wtv. its just an awesome practical car!

• matt k says:
    May 20, 2011 at 1:47 am

135i is the best car out there for the buck.. cheap, beautiful, twin turbo, germanlovin machine.

• Heavy Commercial Vehicle says:
    October 5, 2011 at 10:14 am

I think Mahindra XUV500 is good .

• Nikola says:
    April 11, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Car of the year for 2013? Tesla AWD Model SS. It is coming. 0-60 in under 3 seconds, top speed over 200 mph. NO GAS. 300 mile range. And it rides on a very fine soft, hard corning suspension. Everything else (including the Fisker, Audi, and BMW electric wannabes) is left at the gas pump line. The future is here, and the history of GAS as a enslavement device for our FUN is going to go "bye-bye". Get ready.