0-60 Magazine

Your Source For Cars, BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Ford, and More …

BY: Bix

Vaughn Gittin Jr. World Record Drift Attempt

Teaser clip from JR’s record-breaking drift at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in the 2010 Mustang.

Vaughn Gittin Jr. and 0-60's EIC hit the road a few months back in a 2010 Mustang for a cross country jaunt. Along the way they took some time out to break a Guinness Book World Record*. Below is video proof. Enjoy and be sure to read about the entire trip in the next issue of 0-60 on stands in late March.
COMMENTS
  • Neil says:
    March 2, 2009 at 4:01 pm

I'd like to know how big JR's circle was, since apparently that's the only difference between his attempt from what he said was an exploitation. I'd like to see this done in a Figure-8 setup. The transition would at least help relate it more to drifting, and it'd also probably help even out the tire wear.

• Ben says:
    March 2, 2009 at 4:18 pm

good shit!!

• Brian Scotto says:
    March 2, 2009 at 6:53 pm

JR's circle had a diameter of 200 feet, but that's not the point. He is not arguing that this is the actual longest drift. He broke it just to show how easy it is to break. He plans on setting what he feels will be the actual longest drift. And that would be a drift that actually has an apex, since a circle does not.

• Zefyras says:
    March 3, 2009 at 2:05 pm

Not impressive at all everyone can do like this poor drift with crappy horse (n)

• Guy says:
    March 3, 2009 at 6:22 pm

But can everyone do English?

• Brent says:
    April 1, 2009 at 1:00 am

I agree with the others. How is his giant drift circle different than the first record? more smoke?

• Nathan says:
    April 25, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Its not supposed to be different you guys. Hes just trying to prove that it isnt a hard thing to do/it isnt real drifting. He is going to set a real drift record at some point. Like Brian said, he wants his to have an apex, which to me is a more accurate definition of drifting.

• UFC America says:
    November 13, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Thought I would comment and say cool theme, did you make it for yourself? It's really excellent!

• proteinshake says:
    November 15, 2010 at 5:44 am

Can I post some of this on my page if I post a reference to this webpage?